Can You Spritz Your Way to Radiant Skin?
Can You Spritz Your Way to Radiant Skin?
There are different points of view about the benefits of water. Our bodies require it to survive. The body is comprised of approximately 70% water and as we age this is reduced. Drinking sufficient amounts of water (typically 8 glasses a day) maintains overall skin health, however in order to minimize environmental agers additional support does make a difference.
Heavy waters, hydrating spritz and toner formulas work to deliver moisture and antioxidants deep into skin tissues. These actually have moisture-bonding properties to fight trans-epidermal water loss. In addition to boosting the skin’s nutrient content, a powerful spritz will also tone and refresh the skin throughout the day, making it a great addition when transitioning to a fall skin care regimen.
Lightweight Heavy Hitters
The spritz/toner formulas we have developed are a blend of nature and science that heal, hydrate, rejuvenate and provide all-day nourishment to the skin. Some preeminent ingredients include:
- Deuterium Oxide (D2O) – (aka heavy water) yes, there is such a thing. Taken from seawater, D2O has a heavy molecular weight that delivers moisture deep into skin, prevents trans-epidermal water loss and resists free radical transportation.
- L-Sodium PCA – a component of the skin’s natural moisturizing factor, PCA is an ultra-potent humectant with moisture-binding capabilities.
- Witch Hazel – a rich antioxidant and astringent that soothes and heals problematic skin conditions.
- Phospholipids – Sphingolipids – complex fat substances that have moisturizing and emollient benefits. Sphingolipids also works as a ceramide precursor to restore damaged corneum layers.
- L-Sodium Hyaluronate – (aka hyaluronic acid) a principal water-regulating molecule, binding up to 6,000 times its weight in water. It plumps, lubricates, moisturizes, and prevents trans-epidermal water loss.
Our invigorating formulas also use honey and cucumber oil, found in the Cucumber Spritz; tri-peptides, Lactic and Ascorbic Acids, and pumpkin wine, found in the Pumpkin Rinse; and Resveratrol, found in the Raspberry Lotion – all contributing to moisture retention in skin tissue.
Types of Formulas
Just as with any skin care product, spritz formulas are matched based on skin needs and integrated into a complete skin care regimen. Each of our spray products delivers a unique benefit:
- Cucumber Spritz – this heavy water revitalizes, freshens and gives skin a “drink of water” providing skin with the much-needed moisture content lost daily.
- Purifying Lotion – this antioxidant therapy formula refreshes, hydrates, calms, reduces inflammation and balances the skin promoting an even skin tone.
- Pumpkin Lotion – designed to freshen and tone skin after cleansing. The rinse also balances hydration while plumping skin tissue. The naturally occurring nutrients in pumpkin provide valuable antioxidant and regenerating support.
- Brightening Pigment Lotion – a unique toner with a grouping of new generation lighteners, including Daisy Flower extract, which are partnered with balancing and rebuilding nutrients to support the reduction of melanin formation and assist in brightening skin tone. It also contains high levels of moisturizers and antioxidants to improve skin radiance.
- Beta Green Tea Lotion – a refreshing skin toner that balances oil, provides antioxidant support, and purifies toxic skin issues.
- Berry Wine Lotion – an all-natural liquid lotion that freshens, smoothes and balances oil production. Using Resveratrol and toning and firming AHAs, it also has potent regenerating, age reversal and anti-inflammatory properties.
Spritz/toner formulas also make perfect travel companions, because of their ability to regulate and maintain a balanced skin tone and provide all-day nourishment, no matter what environmental assaults are dealt to the skin. Be sure to recommend these powerful sprays to clients, especially as we enter the fall season. To learn more, visit the Lotions & Toners page, or request white papers from our office.